- Flyers Extend Winning Streak to Ten, Hang On vs. Colorado 4-3
- Phantoms Weekly – Three Game Weekend Approaches
- The streak ends, Flyers dealt 5-4 loss in Montreal
- Preview: Flyers vs Canadiens (Game 13)
- Preview: Flyers vs Islanders (Game 12)
- Preview: Flyers vs Red Wings (Game 11)
- Surviving The Storm
- Preview: Flyers vs Hurricanes (Game 10)
- Flyers fall to rival Penguins in tight contest, 5-4
- Preview: Flyers vs Coyotes (Game 8)
Flyers would prefer to move Neuvirth
- Updated: October 24, 2016
Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer reported this morning that the Flyers aren’t looking to trade a goalie, but if the price was right they’d prefer to move Michal Neuvirth.
If price was right. Neuvy. That said, Hexy likes having two strong goalies. https://t.co/kabxIwp83j
— Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) October 24, 2016
This has been assumed for a while now since Neuvirth’s emergence as a reliable number one option in net.
Neuvy (28) was one of the top goalies in the NHL last season and single handedly took the Flyers to a 6th game against the Capitals last spring: 32 GP, .924 SV%, 2.27 GAA, 3 SO
Constant health problems and a recent track record not as strong as Steve Mason would indicate Mase is preferred.
Mason gets the nod tonight in Montreal as he looks for his second straight win.