- Flyers Extend Winning Streak to Ten, Hang On vs. Colorado 4-3
- Phantoms Weekly – Three Game Weekend Approaches
- The streak ends, Flyers dealt 5-4 loss in Montreal
- Preview: Flyers vs Canadiens (Game 13)
- Preview: Flyers vs Islanders (Game 12)
- Preview: Flyers vs Red Wings (Game 11)
- Surviving The Storm
- Preview: Flyers vs Hurricanes (Game 10)
- Flyers fall to rival Penguins in tight contest, 5-4
- Preview: Flyers vs Coyotes (Game 8)
Jakub Voracek the reason Neuvirth signed in Philly
- Updated: August 31, 2015
New Flyers backup Michal Neuvirth shed some light on why he signed in Philly speaking to reporters today.
Neuvirth quotes via Tim Panaccio: “I met Jake and we talked about things here and he said all good things about the Flyers. He wanted me to come here. I think it made him happy when I signed here… He was the reason I signed here.
We’ve played together since we were 15 for the national team. Jake is one of the best players in the NHL and the best player from the Czech Republic right now. So I’m very excited to be on the same team with him.
After a few trades and some moves [at the draft], there were no more spots open for a No. 1. I had to change my mindset. I was hoping for the best fit. When I got the offer from the Flyers, I felt they were the right fit for me.
They were one of the first teams that called me. There were a couple more teams, but Philly had the best offer and I felt this was best fit for me.”
Jakub Voracek in a text to Panaccio: “I think it’s hard to say I convinced him. I told him this was a great place to play with a great locker room [of guys]. A lot of potential. That’s all I said.”
Michael Neuvirth was sporting his new mask, designed by David Gunnarsson, during practice this morning with a half dozen Flyers players.
Only 17 days till the official start of Flyers Training Camp, September 17th at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, New Jersey.